Sunday, December 17, 2006

A Belgian Delight

I've never been to Belgium, and I am ashamed to say that the name "Bruges" reminds me only of Austin Powers movies (think Dr. Evil's inconsequential childhood), tasty wheat beers and mussels. But now I have a new vision of life in the land of waffles and chocolate thanks to Bruges Home in Olde City.


Located in a gorgeous, light-filled open-floor plan historic building at 3rd & Race, finding Bruges was a lucky side affect of having to search for a parking space on a busy Saturday afternoon. The staff were friendly and knowledgable, and happy to answer any questions about their eclectic offerings. Many products there are organic, such as ornaments made from materials only found in nature and soy candles. And while I can't possibly fit anything else into my current apartment, here's hoping that this 4-month old infant store stays around long enough for me to go back and outfit my future home with their elegant, modern, european-style furniture.

Anyone still looking for some last minute gift ideas should definitely make the trip down to Bruges, as they have a great sale going on right now and with their wide selection of unique home accessories, coffee table books, jewelry, and tableware, there's no risk of showing up with the same present for Aunt Mildred as your cousin did.


Bruges Home, 323 Race St., 215.922.6041

No comments: