Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Mismatched

Well hello. So I did it. I signed up for the Match and rode out the month. Consensus; still scares le poo outta me. But what do I know? My friend signed up with me- a suicide pact if you will. And she's lovin' it. But we can both agree that there are heaps of crazy dudes in Philadelphia. Don't believe me? Well take a look at this gem of an email I received.

"Roses are Red,
Violets are Blue,
Inspired by your Beauty,
So I’m Writing to you,
Life is Hard and Life can Strife,
Maybe one day I can make you my Wife,
I don’t mean to be Forward and don’t mean to Press,
But Judging by your Page I’m very Impressed,
I know this Sounds Cheesy and you may not Believe Me,
But I just wrote this Poem and you’re the only one I’ve Shown,
If you like what you’ve Read and you like what u See,
Please do not Hesitate in Contacting Me =)"

I couldn't make this shit up. One guy sent me his life story, including but not limited to, a youtube video of his latest vacation. Complete with captions that flew across the screen in dayglo colors "DUDE, THIS IS AWESOME!" Glorious. I also got winked at by a chick, and was tempted to wink back. Maybe I have more soul searching to do than originally thought.

Oh, but don't worry I'm not saying there aren't crazy girls. I am one of them and I wear it proudly on my sleeve (another light bulb flashing as to why I am writing this.) But what I can say with complete honesty is that if you are a single GUY match is a good bet for you. I did a reverse search and the ratio of hot girls to guys is nuts. Such is Philly.

In all honesty, I only went on one date. Well it turned into 3. He was funny and nice and I tried oh so hard to be into it. But alas no sparks. I don't know if it's because I secretly judged him for being on match, or the fact that he over communicated. (Yes, I understand my hypocrisy.) How can I write one blog preaching the woes of no phone calls and now complain about over communicating? As much as a don't like to admit it, the chase is fun. And when you're getting texts on top of emails on top of IMs (all in the span of one hour) you start feeling a little... congested.

So what now? Whatever happens happens. I'm tiiiiired of looking. Dating is exhausting. So for now, I focus on me and maybe he'll turn up in the meantime. I started going to the gym, which is pretty funny if you knew me. I think a direct quote from Megan was that "somewhere there is a dough nut crying." And it's true. If you listen hard enough, you can hear him. He sounds delicious. I digress.

To all of you ladies on Match, I wish you luck. You're braver than I.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious! I, too, received some VERY weird emails but your poem tops them all. I love how you're on target about everything including: secretly judging the guy for being on match, overcommunication (I, too, do not like being congested but I complain when there is a lack of communication). Anyway, your blogs brighten up my day. Thanks.