Thursday, December 27, 2007

New Year, New low?

You know what they say about New Years Eve? That how you spend it will reflect how your year will play out. I'm starting to believe this. Last year I made out with my ex and that pretty much spelled out how this year went. Until September, when we realized what we realized the September before that. We're better off as exes. This new years may very well be my first that is completely kiss free in about 7 years. I say this, but there is possibility of the exes attendance again and I can't tell what my state will be around the stroke of midnight. I've enlisted a few of my girlfriends to distract me through whatever means necessary. That being said, I'm hiding my frying pans. My only other option at the moment is Texty McGee. We've been playing a very dull game of phone tag.

In other news. I was at the Aunt and Uncle's for Christmas when my two hot cousins were talking about their adventures on match.com. I was surprised. Now I'll admit, I tried match once before and it scared the shit outta me. All I could do is judge the boys I talked to. I mean I guess I think it's unnatural for a guy to actually be looking for a girlfriend. At least the guys I've dated. Which is making me realize why I'm in my bathrobe writing a blog at 10 pm when I have off from work tomorrow (in my defense, my lungs are full of phlegmy goo and I probably only have 2 days left to live.) Anyway back to match, when i was on it last January I went on 2 dates. One with Handsy Greaserson. He followed me to a bar afterwards and presented drinks that my sister bought as if he had paid for them. The second was OK he just wasn't my type (which admittedly is pretty specific--rugged hipster.. yummmm). So I thought since they were digging the match, maybe the selection had gone up. I just checked it out. FUGVILLE. But dammit, they got me. Someone sent me a message and I can't view it unless I pay the 39.95 to "enroll". Should I do it? I mean if I do it, I will actually have to force myself to go on dates. Has anyone had positive experiences? This whole thing gives me the willies.

But so be it, I'll put my dating life in your hands. If more people think I should do it. I will. And if 2008 sucks I will hunt each one of you down. And give you a case of my crackly lung. Now I'm going to look on web MD to self diagnose.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eh, what do you have to lose? Besides the 40 big ones that could go towards....stuff. I say go for it, it'll give you more adventures to relay to us.

Aimee said...

I was on match before and it was fine; if nothing else, it makes for good writing. I agree that it's totally weird to think of guys actually signing up for something like this, but...you never know. Think of it as a journalistic activity. You are just going on dates to report back to the rest of us how it is.