Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Wall Street Shmall Street, Go Eat!


Ok so the economy might be crumbling like dominoes around us but fear not, I have some good news for all. It is officially restaurant week in Philly! Now mostly I think restaurant week is a scam but I do like to participate because it means I try new places. This time around, the powers that be upped the price for a 3-course meal. Now you will pay $35 bucks for an appetizer, entree and dessert. Of course, alcohol and tips are extra.


While there are standard gastro pubs on the extensive list of participating restaurants, I recommend trying a normally pricey place to get your $35 bucks worth. Tonight I am eating at Hawaiian Fusion restaurant Roy's which has been on my "to do" list forever. You do always have the option of ordering from the regular menu should you not like your limited "restaurant week" menu options.


Restaurant week runs until Friday, Sept. 19th. Be sure to make reservations as everyone and their mother tends to come out this week.

As the bankruptcy continues to mount, I urge everyone to drown their worries in a bottle of wine at a restaurant you probably can't afford anymore.

http://www.centercityphila.org/life/RestaurantWeek.php

No comments: