Thursday, October 25, 2007

Embrace Change




I've got living paycheck to paycheck down. I get paid, I'm rich, I buy those Steve Madden boots I've been eying and that fall jacket I've convinced myself I sooo desperately need. The next day I check my bank account and am angered at its mysterious disappearance. Flash forward to the not too distant future. I'm at day 3 of peanut butter and jelly phase and still 1 week until payday. Let me tell you, pb&j isn't the best motivator to endure a rainy lunchtime walk home. So I decided to suck up my pride, grab that tiny jar of change that's followed me to 2 apartments and hope it's enough to get me some lunch in the Bellevue food court. So I sorted out the random nails and brought the bag o' change to Commerce bank. I was hoping for about 10 bucks. (It was a small baggie and no quarters. Damn you, coin operated laundry. You can't see it but I'm shaking my fist in the air.). So I went in dropped my change in the counter and left with 35 bucks! Holler. So of course, I rewarded myself with a pumpkin spiced latte.

The beauty of the Commerce is that even if you don't have an account there, you can use their coin machine and they won't take a percentage. Take that rain. I win, you lose. mwa hahahahahahahahahahaha (that's my victory laugh)

No comments: