Thursday, October 30, 2008

And the Phils took it



As I stood on Broad street last night with bottle of Blackhaus in my right hand, champagne in my left I realized that I will probably never again witness anything like last night. I'm oh so glad I put aside my fear of douchey crowds and partied like a rock star with the rest of Philly. I watched the game from my office and with the win ran down 6 flights of stairs to get outside because I was too impatient to wait for an elevator. I won't soon forget what I was a part of, and not just for the fact that I will most likely smell of a brewery for the next week or so. Best part of the night was looking up to see Green Man from It's Always Sunny raving on a bus shelter (that's no longer there.) As it rained beer, and god knows what else down on me, we weren't strangers, we were 100 thousand strong that collectively ended our 20 year long dry spell. And it was good.

Fires in the middle of the street, flipped cars and looting of FYE aside, I have never seen so many happy people in one place. And I don't think I ever expected to see it in Philly. Believe me, I'm not the biggest sports buff, but thanks to my partner at work, I've listened to every game and yesterday was able to spout off every date of each of the last Philly championship wins. I don't even recognize myself. So Philly, let's revel in it.

See you at the parade.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Post and Great site.

Thank you