Friday, October 13, 2006

Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers Dance Party Extravaganza


Ok so ya know when your friend calls you up and says, hey my friend’s band is playing tonight, you should come- they’re really good. And normally you cringe and think crap, how do I get out of this one? Well, this is exactly what did not happen to me last night. I went to see Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers play at the World Café Live. Other than a bitchy waitress, it was really fun.

The Kellogg crew, from Northampton, MA, consists of some very fine looking, lanky, young fellas, which in truth is enough to get me through at least one song. But to my delight, these boys were actually really good and incredibly entertaining! My favorite part of the performance was the acappella rendition of Queens “Fat Bottomed Girls” with complete jazz hands incorporated. The night was chock-full of pop culture references which is enough to make this Girl about Philly swoon. (I mean calling Ashley Simpson- Trashley and dedicating a song to the love match that is Jessica Simpson and John Mayer- c’mon my heart full on flutters!) Ok and even their serious and sappier songs were good and made the World Café dinner/comedy club vibe thing bearable. All in all, it was a great time and I conclude that maybe you should say yes when your friend wants to drag you out to a show. You too may find a band that references In Touch Magazine during their set. Oh heaven.


No comments: